Your Dogs Will Love CBD Dog Treats
Before we talk about CBD dog treats, I would like to discuss the History of CBD. Since the discovery of the endocannabinoid system in the late 1980s, the humankind has made great strides in extracting the medical benefits of cannabis. Previous abused as a recreational drug, marijuana is a cocktail of many chemical compounds (tetrahydrocannabinol, tetrahydrocannabivarin, cannabidiol, cannabinol, cannabigerol, and more). Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is the chemical compound responsible for the "High" effect we get from marijuana. Cannabidiol, on the other hand, boasts most of the many medical benefits granted by marijuana. In 2014, through the Farm Bill, the government legalized the cannabis strain, hemp. Hemp is a member of the cannabis family, and unlike other strains, hemp has less psychoactive side effects.
Just like humans, dogs and other animals, have the endocannabinoid system within their bodies. The endocannabinoid system is a modulator that stimulates the brain, the gut, adipose tissues, muscles, and the liver. The endocannabinoid system helps the body achieve homeostasis (physiological balance and good health). Dogs are attracted to cannabis and will eat any part of the plant especially the leaves and the buds. Unfortunately for dogs, the chemical compound tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is toxic to the canine body. They will exhibit inactivity and drowsiness. If you have raw forms of marijuana in your house, I recommend restricting access.
THC is toxic to dogs, yet cannabis has many medical benefits. That was the challenge that inspired scientists and researchers to find ways of separating the constituent compounds found in cannabis. Cannabidiol or CBD is responsible for most of marijuana's medical benefits. CBD drugs come in many forms, and these include; tinctures, CBD oil, and CBD dog treats.
Benefits of CBD Dog Treats
CBD dog treats are dog biscuits infused with cannabidiol. The popularity of CBD has skyrocketed in the last decade with many referring to it as a 'miracle drug.' CBD is not a miracle drug; it only activates the body of your dog to fight diseases and recover naturally. CBD stimulates cannabinoid receptors so that the body of your pet can synthesize the hormones, enzymes, and antibodies required to restore homeostasis. CBD is all natural and has no side effects. CBD is recommended by veterinarians to treat multiple conditions. Below is a brief description of the benefits of CBD.
- Appetite Recovery: The activities of the endocannabinoid system influences food intake. Hunger and thirsting signals sent to the brain stimulate appetite. The endocannabinoid system supervises these signals. CBD stimulates your dog's body to secrete ghrelin, a neuropeptide that increases food palatability and attractiveness. Your dog will be more attracted to eating food. CBD dog treats may help with eating disorders in pets.
- Relief Against Chronic Pain: Inflammatory responses within the canine body cause pain. Inflammation is the body's response to trauma. Inflammation occurs as chronic or acute. Acute inflation develops fast and lasts for a short time. The resulting pain ends with the inflammation. Chronic inflammation develops slowly. The pain is continuous and takes a very long time to heal. CBD promotes the secretion of anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced by the brain. Anandamide binds to THC receptors to give the body pain relief.
- Anxiety and Depression Relief: Like the human kind, dogs are also susceptible to symptoms of depression and anxiety. If your canine is exhibiting behavior like persistent barking, chewing of furniture and shoes, urination in the house even though it usually urinates outside, it may be suffering from anxiety. CBD stimulates your canine best friend's body to produce endocannabinoids to act upon CB1 and CB2 receptors naturally. Your dog then synthesizes more serotonin. Serotonin is a "feel good" neurotransmitter. Serotonin brightens the mood of your pet in depression and calms your dog in anxiety.
- CBD Dog Treats Relive Nausea: Chemotherapy has nausea as a side effect. Subsequent vomiting may lead to dehydration and loss of health. Nausea can lead to weight loss since your dog is not taking up the necessary amounts of food required by the body. CBD dog treats alleviate symptoms of nausea and subsequent vomiting.
- CBD May Slow Cancer Spread: There is no known cure for cancer. Management and treatment of the condition rely on slowing the spread of cancer and managing the pain associated with the disease. There is no scientific proof, but CBD may slow down the spread of cancer by protecting the healthy cells and making the cancerous cells more receptive to chemotherapy.
- CBD Helps With Muscle Tremors and Seizures: Involuntary muscle action like twitches, tics, spasms, and seizures are characteristics of multiple sclerosis and epilepsy. Neuron activity supervises muscle movement. Rapid and irregular neuron activity causes seizures. The CBD infused in your dog treats restores the normal function of neurons thus preventing seizures and muscle spasms.
Why CBD Dog Treats Instead of CBD Oil for Dogs
CBD tinctures, CBD oil, and CBD treats are forms of CBD administration. CBD oils are high concentrations of hemp extracts (cannabidiol). CBD oils are administered orally under your dog's tongue. CBD dog treats, on the other hand, are dog biscuits infused with hemp extracts. Also administered orally, is CBD treats. Just like regular treats, CBD dog treats are chewed then swallowed.
The primary advantage of CBD oil for dogs over CBD dog treats is that CBD oils offer fast onset. CBD oil is administered under the tongue (mucous membrane). CBD is directly absorbed through the mucous membrane and provides quick relief. Ingested like regular treats, CBD treats for dogs absorption is subject to digestion. Just like food, the active ingredients in the dog treats spend three to four hours in the gut while undergoing metabolism; relief may take a while.
The advantage held by CBD dog treats over CBD oils is better taste. CBD oils are naturally bitter. Cats hate CBD oils for their oral essence. Dogs can tolerate the taste, but they may resist at times. Dog treats are infused with CBD to improve palatability. The treats musk the natural and bitter taste of CBD.
CBD Dog Treats Will Improve The Quality of your Dog's Life
You have learned about the benefits of CBD. CBD can restore your best friend's appetite, alleviate symptoms of arthritis, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and more. CBD in conjunction with chemotherapy can slow cancer spread. CBD offers relief to chronic pain. After knowing these fantastic facts about CBD, the only challenge would be to administer the drug. CBD oils are naturally quite bitter but work fast. CBD dog treats are tastier but take a while. If you are having problems administering CBD oils, I highly recommend that you try CBD infused dog treats. CBD treats will calm your dog's nerves and work against anxiety. CBD treats brighten a depressed canine. You love your hairy friend, and you wouldn't like to see them suffer from pain. I recommend CBD dog treats.